Tuesday, December 25, 2012

The Best Actor Speech you never get to watch on national TV (exclusive). Merry Christmas Everyone! Part 8

THANK YOU! If you like my blog content, kindly become a MEMBER here by signing into your blog or click "Join this Site" button at the top left corner of this page. Or click "Like" or follow:

*Facebook.com/krislawcc
*Twitter #krislawworld

The Best Actors Club
wishing everyone MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Tactic 1: Social Bigotry 
The first thing I seek to destroy is bigotry. The definition of bigotry according to Merriam-Webster dictionary is a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance (usually this hatred is silent, very deeply embedded in our psyche and shared only within groups of the same clique, and passed on from the parents to the child). Especially in our local film industry, it is so segregated at the expense that it is so unattractive even for the best local talents of different races to join, except for the same ugliness it attracts to - those really emotional, rude types that is domineering and narrow-sighted in their worldview. There's very, very few open-minded Malay directors (not many, unfortunately) who wanted me to act as the lead in their movies but were restricted and fearful due to the ruling of our local film industry.

On set of "Talent House". Everyone was courteous
and extremely professional.
There were many instances where I'm treated like a second-class actor (unfortunate but true - from a extremely vulgar and hard-headed male-like female assistant producer and production assistant from a local TV station called TV Satu Dua Tiga's subsidiary Gei Bois Sdn Bhd before the name change, locals will know what I mean), even though I know I did my best in delivering my performance, always on time for the production even though it was them who were late and slow, but I was the one got shouted at, blamed and looked down upon for the little mistakes - intentionally making me doubt myself and my own abilities, making small of my talent, in the end causing me to almost give up. They even deducted my already meagre talent fees into less than half for "mistakes" they accused me of committing! That incident opens up my innocent eyes and made me realise what the current administration has done wrong into shaping a hooligan and bully working culture, devoid of any standards of courtesy and profesionalism. Yes, getting this Best Actor nomination granted the new power vested in me to destroy bigotry and bring up the proof that all my hardwork and tears on my pillows that soak every night before I went to bed didn't amount to nothing. And most importantly the truth is I am someone of bigger quality talent. Good guys, even though they seem like they're coming last in the race - always win in the end.

Come back to blog again tomorrow for Part 7. (to be continued...last part will be on 1st January 2013, so keep coming back to this blog everyday)


BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 1
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 2
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 3
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 4
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 5
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 6
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 7
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 8
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 9
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 10
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 11
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 12