Monday, December 24, 2012

The Best Actor Speech you never get to watch on national TV (exclusive). Part 9

THANK YOU! If you like my blog content, kindly become a MEMBER here by signing into your blog or click "Join this Site" button at the top left corner of this page. Or click "Like" or follow:

*Facebook.com/krislawcc
*Twitter #krislawworld

Honored to be sharing the limelight with the talented
"Muthal Naal" crew. The short film won the
Special Jury Prize and Best Actress. 

Tactic 2: Stereotype that Stupifies
The second thing I wish to annihilate is stereotype. As with all actors, if you're short or old or of certain race, you're bound subconsciously even by your own limited perceptions during casting or limited by others who are doing the hiring of talents. Like when I first break out in Malaysian Idol performance, millions were drawn to it. Some people hates it because of my Yellow Shorts. Many just failed to see that it was purely just an act. The Malaysian Idol performance is sexy, not a sex video - there's a difference. But good did come out of it - it succeeds on the acting level. Getting nominated for the Best Actor award, I vowed to crush stereotypes on everyone, starting with myself. No more shall I be the meek sheep being led by the blind greedy shepherd (like some leaders of industry) who threatens me with fear, or entice me with the occasional cheap treats just to serve their greed. I shall be my own shepherd and think on my own, and decide what's right for me. I would demand more of myself. I am an individual first and foremost, not trapped by limitations or stereotypes from whichever ethinic or religious denomination or even the name on my birth certificate.

With the Best Actress, Jaya Ganason. 
She's so petite and pretty, and I'm so
tall and proud of her!
Race has nothing to do with me. Religion has nothing to do with me. My background has nothing to do with me. Who I slept with has nothing to do with me. My persona onscreen has nothing to do with the real me - I am the most unique individual just trying to make a living as an artiste. Racial tension is a form of diversion strategy created by selfish politicians to cloud your focus on the real issues like fair wealth distribution. Too much promises of development is also another form of diversion strategy to keep you away from developing your own mind instead. Accusatory tactics like blaming others for a fault is an easy way to divert the attention on the real guilty person. Fear-based social contract is created to keep you and me in our place. Unfortunately for them, I play second fiddle to no one because I am the new voice of the new generation. And I have the Best Actor nomination to back me up.

Come back to blog again tomorrow for Part 8. (to be continued...last part will be on 1st January 2013, so keep coming back to this blog everyday)


BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 1
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 2
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 3
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 4
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 5
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 6
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 7
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 8
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 9
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 10
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 11
BEST ACTOR SPEECH - Part 12