Friday, December 17, 2010

My new year resolution for 2011 - "Take things lightly and have a laugh!"



Yes, girls and boys. It's going to be 2011. I still remember when the clock turn midnight and it was year 2000. What a historic day that was. The Millenium Bug. The end of X-Files the series, Friends the sitcom, The Sopranos. Kakiseni website shutdown after more than 10 years online (all aspiring talents will miss this website for sure). Some religious zealots proclaiming the world was going to end. And Blink 186! My all time favourite punk rock band! Notice all their music videos. They're all really hillarious and funny! Sort of like my resolution for this new year 2011.

A decade has come and gone in the blink of an eye
Looking back the decade gone by (2000-2010) it was a period of struggling for me. It was also a time when I made so many mistakes! But there were good things too. It was also the decade where I started becoming an artiste, dabbling in acting and modelling. It was tough! Dealing and mingling with our local drama production people. And the pay! Huhuhu...let's not even go there! But now I can proudly say I have a list of acting credentials to my name. And not to mention finally one big brand commercial where I'm the main star (none of those feature extras or supporting poofs, which I've had my fair share and I said enough!)



This world is a rock show!
So much unnecessary heartaches, headaches and emotional tumbles. And all for what? You really learned that life is a series of mis-mashed mishaps and sudden fortunes. Sometimes you go up, sometimes you go down. Really no point in chasing after and feeling down over anything at all. Que sera sera, whatever will be, will be. As i get older, I appreciate even more the time I have. I'm just thankful I can walk, talk, eat and sleep like a normal functioning human being. Money and fame? That's just some carrots dangled by some giant corporations to some unsuspecting donkeys like us. In the end, the carrots aren't worth that much. Better still, give away all that money that is tying you down by investing in Artiste Training Course or hiring a life coach that helps you. Crazy but it works (click video below)



It's all small things.
What's more important to me at least, is peace within myself. Able to face myself and the world everyday with the courage and confidence to tell people off when they're being unfair or unkind. Our world need more people like that - the courageous and confident type. Courage to be who you are, no matter how "awkward" or "abnormal" it may seem (as long as it doesn't hurt other people) and confidence in yourself to pick yourself up everytime you fall (because you will). So take things lightly and have a laugh!